Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Spiders, Part II

Well, back to blogging...it’s been a crazy couple of weeks, and not in a good way...but when I last blogged, it was a look back to Halloween of 2003, the hubby’s spider bite episode. I’m going to resume blogging where I left off before that, but before that, I had to share an odd episode that occurred after blogging the spider bite event.

As I stated in that blog, I had to poke fun at hubby for the spider bite (after I knew he was going to be OK, of course) and bought a boat load of fake spiders to tease him with. He’s cool with that, and almost everyone who knows us was OK with it, too. A joke is a joke....looking at the bright side of things, taking it easy, etc., etc. Gotta laugh in life, right? Well, at the time the spider episode occurred, and hearing of my spider purchases, one person in particular thought my humor was in very poor taste, and told me so. Well, so what? I didn’t buy the spiders for him, did I? It was my hubby, and hubby thought it was funny, and that’s all that matters.

So when this person learned of me blogging the event (on the actual day of Halloween this year, Friday, October 31), he again stated his thoughts (verbally to me) on my sense of humor about the whole thing, to which I said, “whatever” and then wanted to...ahem....point a finger at him, ya know what I mean. Well, I didn’t, but I wanted to, and I kept that negative thought with me all morning, I’m loathe to confess. Then, later that morning I had to leave the office, and when I went out to my car, I SWEAR to you, I kid you not, my car was covered in spiders. Well, not entirely, every single square inch, but if there was one spider on my car, there were about 50. My right hand to God. It was eerie. Halloween day, I’m dressed for the holiday, and so was my car! Not great big hairy spiders, but a slew of itty, bitty, teeny, tiny spiders. I had to brush them off the door handle to my car in order to get inside! I was afraid I would find some inside my car as well, but I did not.

So, I ran my errand, thinking the spiders, as little as they were, would blow off my car as I drove. But, they did not. Those little suckers hung on for dear life and continued their parade all around my car while I drove through town. I finished my errand and returned to my office, hoping to find them gone when I left work at the end of the day. Not so. There they still were at 5PM. I drove home and showed them to hubby and he was just as befuddled as I was. Hubby hosed them off my car, and in the 10 days since Halloween, they have not returned, not even one.

So, I just don’t know what to make of that. Was it just an ironic coincidence that a creepy bunch of spiders landed on my car on Halloween day, just after me blogging the spider event of 2003, or is there a more ghostly, spooky hand at work here? What do you think? MMMMMMMUUUUUUUAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!


Karen L. said...


They call me Mommy said...

Oh...that is freaky. Do you think your coworker had anything to do with it?

Momma Moe said...

Well, that was my first thought, either him or my hubby. But the co-worker...where would he get so many spiders on such short notice and to be honest, if he's freaked out by my fake spiders, I can't imagine him having anything to do with real ones.

Second thought was that it was hubby, but the errand I had to run that morning was to meet hubby at our pediatrician's office because our youngest had a double ear infection...so he had his hands full with the boys that morning, and besides, if he'd done it, he'd own it that he'd done it!

So I'm still baffled...can't wait to see what Halloween brings next year!

College Mom's Blog said...

life is full of surprises...and we know when it will creep up on us!